Bad snoring is a curse that affects not only the snorer but also the snorer's partner. If this is you, then you know exactly how things are. But serious snoring problems are also a health hazard for the couple as well: Poor sleep patterns and sleep deprivation lowers your immune system so that you are more open to illness and infection, some serious.
So what can you do to prevent this snoring hell? First, by understanding the causes of snoring, you can learn to stop snoring without resorting to drugs or surgery …
Snoring is generally caused by blockages in your airways. There are a number of ways these can occur but the most common is soft tissue moving into an airway and effectively restricting airflow through it. The air that flows through the restricted area becomes turbulent instead of smooth. Turbulent air then 'buffets' the soft tissue which vibrations in the air cause the horrible snoring noises that we know so well.
Many sufferers opt for surgery or drug-based solutions, but you do not have to. Now that you know what causes it, you can stop snoring naturally. Natural snoring remedies are things such as anti snoring exercises, dietary changes, lifestyle adjustments and even stop snoring aids that can be inserted into your mouth.
Typical ways to stop snoring the natural way are: –
1. Exercises that can help to strengthen the soft tissue to help prevent airway blockage as you sleep. These are simple exercises that take around 3 minutes each.
2. Not eating large meals within 3 to 4 hours of bedtime to give your digestive system time to fully digest your food. So that when you lie down there is no food in your stomach putting pressure on your diaphragm and restricting your airway. The same goes for not drinking alcohol before bed, as this just makes your muscles relax even further, increasing the risk of soft tissue falling into your airways.
3. Losing weight can help a lot too. Fleshy necks and jaws usually mean more fatty tissue available to restrict airways. And when lying down the extra weight again helps to restrict these.
4. Smoking causes the soft tissue to become inflamed and swollen. So cutting down or better still, stopping smoking all together will help to stop snoring as well as improving your overall health position.
5. You can use stop snoring aids or devices. These are things like snore pillows that correctly position your head and neck to give you a clear airway; snoring mouthpieces that maintain your chin correctly so that your jaw and tongue do not move backwards, restricting your airway; and a stop snoring chin strap that does much the same as the mouthpiece. These are just examples, there are more anti snoring devices out there.
Hopefully, you see now that you do not need to resort to drugs or surgery; you can stop snoring naturally. These simple natural outlines above can be very effective stop snoring remedies, but there are other things that you can do to increase your chances of permanently curing your snore.