Snoring can happen to anyone, even to babies or pets. It is a common problem among men and it can disturb their partner's sleep. Snoring also has negative effects to the sufferer; it can decrease the quality and duration of your sleep. Insufficient sleep may lead to daytime fatigue and other health problems.
Causes of Snoring
The best way to find the right cure for your snoring is by identifying the causes. Here is a list of the common causes of snoring:
1. Age: Your throat will be narrower when you reach middle age or beyond. In addition, the muscle tone in your throat will be decreed as well.
2. Physical attributes: Some physical attributes like narrow air passages and enlarged adenoids can also contribute to snoring and they are usually hereditary.
3. Obesity: Being overweight can cause narrowing of your air passages which can lead to snoring.
4. Alcohol and smoking: Alcohol consumption and smoking will weaken your respiratory muscles and eventually cause more snoring.
5. Sleep posture: Sleeping flat on the back will only lead to more snoring. Sleeping in this posture will cause the muscles in your throat to relax and block the airway.
How To Stop Snoring
You have Learnt some of the causes of snoring so now you can learn about some of the treatments available. Curing snoring can be done in many ways and home remedies can be a great treatment choice. Some people may choose to undergo a surgery to treat their condition. However, home remedies can also be an effective alternative to stop snoring. They are cheap, easy, and they do not have any side effects. Here are some alternative methods or remedies that you can try at home:
1. Change your sleeping position: As mentioned previously, sleeping flat on the back will weak your throat. Therefore, you can change your sleeping position to improve your breathing. It is a good idea to sleep on your side since this position helps you breathe easily. You can also try to sleep without using a pillow or you can use a special pillow to ease your breathing.
2. Lose weight: Excessive weight can put pressure on your respiratory muscles and this can disrupt your breathing. Losing weight is not only good to reduce snoring but it also helps you stay in shape and healthy.
3. Take herbal remedies: Consuming particular herbal remedies will help you improve your condition. The combination of peppermint leaf powder and passion flower has been long used to stop snoring.