In some cases of snoring, common remedies such as exercises and devices may not be helpful at all. So if you have tried almost any remedy that you can think of but to no avail, then you might want to consider a surgery to stop snoring. There are various types of surgical procedures available for you than can help you with your snoring problem. However, this will still depend on the main cause of your snoring condition.
Before you decide on a surgical procedure, it may be necessary to consult your physician first. But just to give you an idea on what surgical procedures are available for you, here are some of the most common snoring surgeries that some people resort to:
- Uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) – this is considered as the most common surgery to stop snoring. In this procedure, your uvula will be cut to prevent it from getting in contact with your throat. If the main cause of your snoring problem is the blockage of your air passes due to your uvula, then this surgical procedure can be very helpful.
- Repose – this surgery to stop snoring suppress your tongue to help you prevent snoring. This surgical procedure aims to prevent your tongue from slipping backwards while you are sleep.
- Somnoplasty – this is another popular surgery to stop snoring that makes use of radio frequency tissue ablation or RFTA.
- Coblation Channeling – this is another known procedure against snoring. This surgical procedure makes use of radio frequencies to reduce the size of the tissues in your throat and prevent it from obstructing your air passages.
- Nasal Deviation Surgery – suffering from deviated septum or having a blockage in your nasal passes can definitely cause you to snore. Nasal Deviation Surgery is a surgery to stop snoring that can help get rid of the blockages to solve your snoring problem.
Before you decide to go through a surgical procedure, it may be necessary to check with your physician first to determine if it is really the cure for your snoring problem. You should know that some cases of snoring can be remedied by simply using anti-snoring devices or by opting for natural remedies like herbal medicines. A surgery to stop snoring should only come as your last option and only if your snoring case calls for it. You also have to realize that surgical procedures against snoring can be very costy so you might want to make sure that you are ready for it physically and financially.